One of the largest regional publishing groups in Europe has been hesitating for a long time to extend their successful local advertorials from print into a corresponding online presence. Main concerns where about
- internal efforts to bring the advertorials online – for product teams, editorial and production teams alike
- internal efforts to drive traffic to the newly built online advertorials
- measurable and sustainable results for the local advertiser from print
Consequently, local and regional advertisers of their largest daily newspapers “Passauer Neue Presse” and “Donaukurier” had only the print option to promote local advertorials about open house days, events, discounts, company anniversaries.
Reaching 8M readers across 47 daily and 10 weekly titles “Verlagsgruppe Passau” embraced digital and cross-media already in many other fields and now decided to apply “cross-media” to the local advertorials as well.
Local media consultants should receive an intuitive product that could be sold by any of them and bought by any of their customers – regardless of their existing online activities. On their wish list were
- interactive HTML pages for each advertorial that could rank well in Google and other search engines,
- separate landing pages for each advertiser with interactive contact options and clear call-to-actions
- full traffic and campaign management for each advertorial as well as
- editorial optimisation/enhancement of the local advertorials for search engines (SEO).
The business model implemented based on that, immediately proved profitable for the publisher and instantly allowed „Verlagsgruppe Passau“ to monetize over 100,000 advertising mm per month with one mark-up.
Advertising Director of Donaukurier, one of their major daily titles.
Request more details about how “Verlagsgruppe Passau” increased revenues with their local advertorials at scale and get the full case study by contacting us: